It was the first theatre in the town, built in 1912, with a stage and velvet seats set in heavy, decorated iron surrounds, very "olde worlde" and most attractive and popular. Apart from films the stage was used for local and visiting shows, musical and drama, and in the 1960's the stage was enlarged further for this purpose. There was a beautiful curved staircase to the dress circle and later included a shop at the front. Eventually the theatre closed and the building was converted into a "Cash & Carry" shop and then an Arcade. It now houses a Real Estate Agency, and a Government Agriculture Department and coffee shop. The ticket office, entrance doors, emergency EXIT doors and a decorative window are now in use at the Regent 3 Cinema.